A professional REALTOR® (like myself!) can make finding your perfect new home a lot easier!
Before you begin your home search, try answering some of these questions.
- Where do you want to live? Location is the one thing about your home that you cannot change.
- How much room do you currently live in? Need more? Need less?
- What do you love and hate about your current home?
- What features have you seen in other homes that you like or dislike?
- How many stories do you want?
- If you want a two-story home, do you want the owners suite upstairs or down?
- What features do you need in the kitchen? Does it need to be open to the family room?
- If you have children, do they need their own game room?
- Do you have a big-screen TV that needs an appropriate wall or cabinet?
- How large a backyard do you want?
- How much time and money can you devote to yard care?
- Do you want a swimming pool?
- How important are mature trees to you?
- Do you want a new or pre-owned house? If pre-owned, how old? Are you willing to update an older house to suit your tastes?
- What kind of community do you want to live in? Lots of organized activities and shared recreational facilities or a more quiet, private atmosphere?
- How important is the quality of the school district to you?
- What other special needs do you have?
Getting prequalified is easy - literally a phone call. Your lender can tell you how much you are able to spend for a home and answer many other financial questions. Check out my financing page.
Searching for Your Perfect Home
After you have an idea of what you'd like in your new home, it's time to begin your search. You may want to start off by searching for your home on the Internet. This will give you a general idea of what is available. But I hope you will contact me early in the process. Remember that I already know the neighborhoods and see many homes each week. After we talk I can conduct searches and even preview homes for you.
Making an Offer
When we find your perfect home, I will help you structure an offer. This includes providing you with information on properties recently sold in the neighborhood so that we can understand the value of the home you're interested in.
Inspection and Repairs
After we have a contract agreed to, we will have the home inspected and I will help you negotiate any needed repairs with the seller. This can be a painful process if it is not carefully handled!
I will be with you throughout the period prior to closing and at closing itself. I work hard to make sure that everyone is doing their job to ensure a smooth process. If we run into problems I will alert you immediately and assist you in remedying them.